Today, I had a once in a lifetime experience.
It's like you do it once,
and never want to do it again HAHA.
Spent the whole afternoon washing cans,
the aluminum ones that you drink from and throw away everyday.
Just that,
now the cans aren't as shiny and clean as they used to be.
It's like covered in one layer of slime and grime,
and you can smell the glucose fermenting inside the cans.
The smell that assaults your nose is quite similar,
to the smell from the garbage trucks collecting garbage at the HDB void decks.
..So a few of the sec 4s last year came back to help,
and I was kinda glad to see familiar faces.
Nobody there was obligated to help,
but yet they decided to come and do so.
Anyway,
at the beginning we were using the sink at the canteen,
the sink was flooded with both cans and stink.
After washing for quite sometime,
the OM came by and told us that we had flooded the General Office. = =
Apparently,
the water that drained from the sink,
manage to find it's way into the General Office and flood it.
So after that,
we moved to the boys/girls toilet and continued washing.
The group was split into 3 parts,
one group for washing,
one group for plucking out the tabs
and the last one for transporting the washed cans out.
I realised that I really detest soya bean and grass jelly now.
The soya bean cans have white decomposed beans in them,
and the grass jelly cans have black wormlike jelly in them.
Which altogether makes things really messy and disgusting.
After working for like an hour or so,
there was suddenly a trail of blood droplets on the floor,
and everyone was wondering where the blood came from.
We knew someone was bleeding but didn't know who
and we actually left it that way for quite sometime.
Then suddenly(after 10minutes or so),
WaiKit was SMSing on his phone halfway,
then he went like "eh?"
and he found blood trailing down his thumb,
on the hand that he was using to SMS ._.
There was blood droplets on the floor trailing to him,
blood stains on his pants,
and blood dripping from his thumb.
Come to think of it,
I really can't understand why we took so long to notice.
So after rinsing the wound under tap water,
the bleeding didn't stop,
It was coming out like water.
Eventually,
brought him to sickbay,
and it was there where I realised that my bandaging sucks.
Waikit came out with a very big thumb,
but I was just glad the bleeding stopped.
So that was pretty much the whole of today.
Lunch was hilarious as well because of a series of unfortunate events,
and it was really nice to catch up with Bernice, Charmaine, Peiying and Royce at the very end of the day.
Washings cans today was dirty, disgusting, gross
..but fun.
and I actually felt like a nightsoy-man while carrying thrash bags around.
Anyway, I was joking about the part of never doing it again,
It's never a chore to do something you dislike with the people you like. =)
Anyhow,
there's canoeing training tomorrow morning,
as well as Amp in the evening.
Time trials are on Saturday,
and School's reopening on Monday.
Can't believe my holidays just flew away. =/
J.