Joel Jonas Tan Ngee.
sunrise

You may contact me:

jo99xpro@hotmail.com


*This blog may disappear and reappear anytime so don't be suprised, there's nothing wrong with your explorer, firefox, safari, opera or whatever alien internet browser you use.

Oh, and sometimes i write in invisible ink.

Magical Browser: Apple Safari
Wishlist.

"Seriously, Nothing's impossible."

I've made my wish.


- To Build A Stronger Faith

=)

Message.







Amplify! SLB
Get SALTed!
Friends.
visits since 060208,
Visitor(s) Online

My Facebook
My Friendster
My Imeem

Amplify Hospitality Team!

Adam[CSOG6 Sir]
Adrian Low
Alexa
Amanda
Amelia
Amirul
Amos[Brother!]
Andrew
Angeline
Audrey
Beeting
Beverley
Bernice
Bernie[CL]
Biqi
Caryl
Cassandra[1]
Cassandra[2]
Class 101'06
Class 201'07
Class 105'08
Charmaine
Chelsea
Cherie
Cheryl
Cheryl Phoebe
Christopher Lye
Clarice
Clarinda
Daniel
Darren
Dawn
Devilraj
Desmond
Eileen
Felicia
Fiona
Gabriel
Gilbert
Gordon[Livejournal]
Hongyou
Hweeyin
Ivy
James
Janice
Jean
Jessica
Jiahui
Jiaman
Joelyn
Jocelyn
John
JunRui
Kaixin
Kenneth
Kenny
Kimberly
Lester
Limin
Liya
Liz
Lumyi
Lynn Adele
Marcus Ng
Marcus Quek
Melissa
MengXuan
Meryl
Nabilah[Ssgt]
Nicole
Numbuh 1,Ismail
Numbuh 2,kahlun
Numbuh 3,Isaac
Numbuh 4,SiewBeng
Phyllis
Priscilla
Raphael
Regina[1]
Regina[2]
Royce
Ryan
Samantha
Siewkoon[Ssgt]
Shili
Shuxian
SockNeng[CSOG5 Mam]
Stefanie
Syafiqah
TeKai
Tony
Valery
Wanda
WeatYeah
Wenbin[CSOG6 Sir]
Wesley
Wilbur[Cousin]
Xingmin
YongQing[CL]
6Resilience8[6B][H.I.P.S.]'2005


Other great helps.

Blogger
Blogskins
Imeem
Esnips
Webcounter
OnlineUsers
Dynamicdrive scripts
Youtube
Photobucket



Archives


Credits.

basecode: DancingSheep
coding: Charmaine
background: Gilbert
image: Epiphone LesPaul Ultra-II


It's not right. It's not fair.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Then,
I look at my results slip and my thoughts come crashing down on me.
Disappointment came first.
Numerous thoughts came next.
Hope came third and stayed that way.

I wanted people to know that,
working hard towards your goals would allow you to achieve it.
I wanted to be an example for others,
and I wanted to do well.

Perhaps some would say that I've done well,
and some would say that I've "done my best."
I think I've come to accept my results,
of 7 distinctions but with an overwhelming majority of 2nd grade distinctions.
Giving me a final aggregate of 8 to determine my Junior College.

I am thankful,
for the results I've gotten.
I am thankful for the teachers who've helped me alot.
I am thankful for my family and friends who've helped me in achieving these results,
I am thankful for God who's always been there for me.


I don't think I've failed in achieving my goal,
but instead I'm only halfway there.

If some have felt that I've failed,
all the more so,
it strengthens my cause to show that you can fail,
and yet achieve.

Ultimately,
I'm going to do my best for the future that God has laid out for me.

A huge boulder obstructing the pathway may be seen as an obstacle,
or a stepping stone to take you up higher and further.

'O' levels have concluded to be my first stepping stone,
and I can't help but to be excited (not the best word to use) about my 'A' Level Exams.



..Putting all this aside.
Have I got any right to say that,
"It's not right, It's not fair." ?

Just a few days ago,
Haiti experienced a 7.0 magnitude earthquake killing thousands of people.
Aid relief and help is being sent into the country to survivors there.
How are we to say that anything's not right and anything's not fair in the comfort of our homes?

Here's something that Leonard at Amplify shared,
along with statistics done by researchers..


If the world (billions (or, trillions) ) of people,
were compressed into a village of 100 people.
Here's some interesting thing to know.

5 people would control 32% of the entire village's wealth.

80 people would have sub-standard housing.

24 people would not have electricity.

18 out of the 76 people that do have electricity, would only use it for light at night.

67 people would be unable to read.

1 person would have college education.

50 people would be malnourished.

1 of the 50 people would be dying of starvation.

33 people would not have access to a safe water supply.

1 person would have HIV AIDS.

7 people would have access to the internet.


Imagine that this are the statistics of the world compressed into a village of hundred.
Now think how many people in the world,
does 1 person in this village represent?

Now looking at the world,

If you have never experienced war, been tortured, been imprisoned, suffered from famine..
You are happier than 500 million people in the world.

If you have a meal in your refrigerator, have clothes and shoes, have a roof over your head, have a bed to sleep in..
You are better-off than 75% of the world.


Now, who are we to say,
"It's not right, It's not fair."




..There's so much more,
than the dreams we have for ourselves.

JoelJonas.


This is Me. 5:39 PM
Joel.