Hello!
I just realised this weekend has really been a total weekend off!
I'm saying this because I totally wasn't able to get down to studying.
Other than covering small organic molecules chapter in Chemistry,
as well as DC motors in Physics,
I havn't done any Maths (other than 3 questions) or humanities subjects.
Then again,
this has got me thinking.
..Have i actually "wasted time"?
Can you actually define time that is "wasted"?
If It's only a few more days from my 'O' Levels,
and I'm going out for movies and all.
Would I be "wasting my time"?
I guess people would probably say,
"YES! YOU'RE NUTS! GO STUDY OMG!"
In another instance,
If it's already 10 days past the last paper of my 'O' Levels,
yet I'm still at the study table studying,
doing algebra, balancing equations, WRITING CHINESE COMPOS and etc.
Would I be "Wasting my time"?
I guess most people would say,
"YES! YOU'RE NUTS! GO CHILL OMG!"
Well,
I guess It all comes down to doing the right things at the right time.
Making sure that there's a balance here, there, everywhere.
If you've just realised that you haven't done anything productive,
(with regards to what you're suppose to do)
I don't believe in whining and groaning with all that, "I've wasted my time"
Rather,
It's best to believe that time CANNOT be wasted.
Whatever it is,
be it stoning, watching the birds fly, studying or taking an exam,
time is always used.
It is just the level of productivity that actually comes out from that time,
do we actually determine how "well-used" time was.
So rather than just complaining that you've wasted your time stoning,
tell yourself that you've used time to take a break,
to be away from the real world by putting your mind and body to a halt.
And since you've already taken that break be it intentional or unintentional,
you should carry on with what you're supposed to be doing
regardless of how much time you have left.
If you spent half the day stoning and doing unproductive stuff,
remember that you still have half the day left to do something Productive!
If you've spent an entire day stoning and or doing unproductive stuff,
remember that you still have 6 more days to do something productive!
BUT.
For every logic and idealogy in the world,
there's always a way to tweak it.
So don't go around telling yourself that,
"If i've spent a year stoning and doing unproductive stuff,
I still have the many years before i'm dead to do something productive."
For that will be utterly moronic.
In Conclusion,
What I'm trying to say is.
If you think you haven't been using your time well,
make sure the following hours that proceed are used to the best benefit
because I don't believe in every second being used efficiently,
we are humans, not robots.
To add on to that, even robots, are not God.
Well that's about all. =D
It was pretty cool to meet up with the seniors at selection camp on Friday.
Other than that, my weekend was pretty boring.
Alright, I'm off.
God Bless! =)
Joel.