Getting my head in the game
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Hey.
What was said was done. =)
The past two days have been really productive indeed.
Other than doing some work-outs at the fitness corner (Best-Gym-You-Can-Ever-Get),
shooting a few hoops (well not all of them went in),
and modding my ipod touch,
most of these two days have been spend with eyes against the book.
Like literally eyeball to book ._.
So I spent Monday at the Library,
my first hour there was pretty unfortunate.
Cause beside me was Mr. Unconsiderate.
He was a really really tanned person,
but he had really really fair sole.
How do would I know about his sole you may ask?
Maybe it was because he wasn't wearing any shoes,
and his feets were propped up by his other knee.
Maybe he washed his feet in sour milk or something cause boy,
It really made my nose hair curl.
Anyhow, I moved away soon enough.
It was like "Okay, forgive and forget, forgive and forget."
but man, couldn't get that esther that lingered in my nose. ._.
Speaking of being inconsiderate,
I came across a crowded bus on my way home last week.
As usual, the bus seats were all taken by people.
So on one stop,
an old lady boarded the bus.
As the bus took up,
the jerk was like G-force to the old lady,
and she looked as though she was clinging on for dear life.
So yeah,
I looked around.
Nobody offered her a seat or anything of that sort.
I decided to approach a man in his work attire who was seated right beside the rail that the old lady was clinging on to. (Oh the irony)
and asked if he could give the seat to the old lady.
He got off his seat without a word,
the old lady was thankful and sat down.
On the very next stop that man got down.
Hmnm.
You know STOMP is actually quite interesting.
From Singaporeans reporting old folks sitting on MRT Platforms a few METRES away from the yellow line,
to Singaporeans writing tattle tale stories to herald their plight on how they got fined.
I came across a few though,
sometime last month,
that reported how Singaporeans were inconsiderate and not giving up their seats to the old folks or to the pregnant ladies and stuff.
Hmm.
If you have the guts to report something like that,
why not have the guts to stand up at that point in time?
You know,
sometimes when you come across something that's wrong,
and you want to do something, but you don't,
you sometimes come to regret not doing anything at all.
What I'm saying is.
I think sometimes it's not the factors around us that stops us from doing the right thing.
Rather,
WE ourselves are stopping ourselves to do the right thing.
I'm NOT saying that,
if you see someone being held at point blank,
you're supposed to go be the hero and save the person.
One should weigh the risk and possible consequences before taking ANY action.
Argh, Now I just wished I had told that guy with the scented feet off.
I really was the victime you know.
..See what I mean!
Well then,
I guess that's about all. =)
Today after Ramly, Takos and Bball,
spent my time at Macs finishing up notes.
With my understanding for every subject increasing,
and with more confidence of obtaining good grades for every separate test,
I'm really getting my head in the game.
I like the pace that I'm going now.
I'm sure of the direction I'm heading now.
Hope. Love. Faith.
+ Effort.
JoelJonas. =)
This is Me. 11:25 PM