Never have i been so glad to find my way home!
Left the class chalet at Costa Sands Resort Pasir Ris.
Journey started at 450AM.
I wasn't familiar with pasir ris at all,
so i was pretty much lost and i was hoping for the best.
The only thing i knew was that i could get a bus close to home from the interchange,
bus number 88, the one i take back home from school everyday.
As i walked out from the chalet,
i could feel the night breeze really cool and all.
It was drizzling gently,
and raindrops were tapping on my skin,
somehow making me feel calm.
As i walked out towards the mainroad,
i see a bus stop not too far,
i journeyed there, hoping to find a bus that could take me to the interchange,
saving me walking time.
There were four thai people there,
they were not too old, maybe around 18?
They were seating at the bench somesort blocking the board of bus schedules.
I decided to just go from behind and take a quick look.
Felt kinda lucky when i found out there was this bus 354, that could take me to the interchange.
So i waited on the other side of the bench.
With song of praises in my ears from chris' mp3 player,
time flew really fast, and i sort of enjoyed the time there.
There were few cars and all,
just the night breeze, and the gentle rain.
After around 15minutes or so,
the thai people went off,
so i decided to check the board again to see when the first bus actually was,
came to realise that the first bus only started at 7am.
Which explained why there were no buses at all.
So i figured that i had to find an alternative to the interchange.
I look at the bus routes,
354 would only make one more stop before finally making it's way to the interchange.
I guessed as much that it would not be very far,
so i decided to take another stroll.
Not too long after,
i reached a crossroads,
or rather a "T' junction.
I could either head straight,
or turn right.
I decided to go straight forward, hoping that i would be lucky enough.
Soon, i reached the next bus stop.
But i realised after checking the board that 354 would not have passed there.
I headed back to the "T" junction again,
which was really quite far away.
As i continued,
the rain was slightly heavier,
this time,
there were flashes in the sky,
but no streaks of lightning.
The rain was pretty much heavier when i reached the junction.
Stood under the traffic light for some shelter as i waited for the green man.
I continued walking,
and i finally reached the bus stop,
which was opposite some country club beside downtown east.
It appears that i was on the right track,
and i was pretty much contented at the pace i was going.
I continued going, just walking and walking.
Passed a bridge,
the water was really calm with the small ripples the raindrops formed.
Every breath i took,
i felt a cooling sensation in my lungs,
everything seemed so fresh,
especially when there were few or no cars on the road.
As i caught sight of the bus interchange,
i felt relieved,
at the same time glad.
The drizzle had turned into rain,
but it was not raining heavily.
I quickened my pace,
and headed straight towards the interchange.
Suddenly,
there was a steak of lightning that crashed from the sky,
the sudden flash of light gave my heart a jump.
Somehow, i felt afraid at that very point in time.
..As i entered the sheltered bus interchange,
rain started pouring down heavily,
like millions of arrows being shot down from the sky.
I checked my watch to realise that i was 530AM.
My journey to the interchange was not exactly very long.
My clothes were damp, but were not soaked,
my head was dry, but my hat wasn't.
It got kind of cold,
as i searched for the bus 88 line.
Took me around 5 minutes to find the line.
I thought it was kind of a coincidence,
that the first bus for 88 was exactly 530AM.
I waited for awhile longer,
before the bus finally came.
Fell asleep on the bus,
somehow woke up as the bus came up from the expressway,
into Sengkang.
Was some sort in a daze,
so i realised i got off at the wrong stop.
But it was alright cause i knew where i was.
It appears that i dropped two stops before the actual one.
Nevertheless,
i enjoyed myself as i walked towards home.
My stomache grumbled and i realised i didn't have any solid food from 8pm till that time.
It was 605AM then when i was back in Sengkang.
dropped by at Mac, to grab something,
and finally walked home.
As i came out of the lift,
i looked out at the horizon from the 10th floor.
It was really cool,
i thought it looked like a heart shape,
and i don't know,
i just felt like "wow".
Took a picture of it,
happens it's image number 88 on my phone.
I opened my house door,
and took a step in.
I felt relieved, happy and i don't know glad!
620AM
It was really quiet cause everyone was sleeping,
and it was really warm at home.
I went into my room,
took out the burger i got,
and ate it while lying on the bed.
I gave my eyes a rest and i was thinking,
what a journey that was.
Throughout the whole thing,
i felt that i had been protected.
No i'm not exaggerating.
I slept real soundly after that,
just for awhile.
So glad to find my way back home.